Monday 4 October 2010

Review one of the previous students videos that you analysed in class (Research)

I believe that this at A2 group created a reasonably good music video. For the Doneo song “Party Hard”. I enjoyed watching this video because I believe that for a genre like funky house it is hard to create high standard video which would keep the audience watching. However I believe that the A2 audience were able to do this.

I believe that this video has some of the key features that Andrew Goodwin Talks about in his Theory of music videos.  For example in the video when you hear the chorus, the lyrics come up on the screen which is “Party Hard”. The lyrics came in bright colours such as; pink, blue green & red. I believe that this was a good feature to have in the video because it went with the genre of video; it also allowed the audience to sing along with the chorus and made the words visually stick in their heads.
I also believe that another feature that they had in there video related to the Andrew Goodwin theory. This was that the video followed a narrative, for example you saw the boys on their way to a club and walking up the stairs. Then you also saw people dancing and partying as if they were in some type of party/house party. I found that by them using a narrative it allowed the audience to understand the song more and that it made the video much easier to follow. Another feature that I think worked well in this video was the use of sexuality. For example it had the “Artist” who was a male character surrounded by female dancers sexually dance and whining around him. I found this part followed the stereotypical accept that they have in a lot of music videos epically rap/hip-hop/funky house. The male character is seen as the dominant male and the female is seen as less dominate and all she does is serve for the males and that she is seen as an object & not a woman.
On a whole I believe that the video was good. I think that the editing of the video was fast quick and went to the beat of the song. I also believe that the synch and the narrative were to a high standard as well. However one thing I believe that this group could have concentrated on was the mise en scene. I think they could have had at least one more location to make the video more exciting. However I believe that the flashing at the end of the video while they were dancing made the party scene look at more attractive, eye catching and realistic.

Here is the link below to the Doneo version to party hard:


Here is the link below to A2 version to party  hard:

No comments:

Post a Comment